So what is Pavement Management?
Pavement Managment can best be described as:
- the means of ascertaining what you have in a network of streets,
- what is the quality of the pavement in that network
- and what is the most effective way to positively affect the quality of that pavement.
In layman's terms, what does that mean? It is a means to objectively assess the quality of your street network and maintain it in the most effective manner.
What are the objectives of a Pavement Management System?
- Develop and maintain a database of street attributes,
- regularly inspect the street network for pavement quality,
- then analyze that database to ascertain road improvement projects with short and longterm implications.
So how does the City of Sunset Hills accomplish these objectives?
- Via use of an Access database with GIS,
- inspection using the PASER inspection system,
- objective analysis of the data gathered to determine applicable project planning.
More detail can be found on this in subsequent webpages on this subject. Here you will find out:
- what is the History of Pavement Management in Sunset Hills,
- how City officials interacted to emphasize proper managment of the Sunset Hills street network,
- how the Public Works Department accomplishes objectives of Pavement Managment,
- how Pavement Managment translates into effective projects,
- how projects are administratively completed.
Last updated: 3/6/2009 6:32:38 AM