No news items at the moment.
12/10/2013 6:00 PM
Online forms and instructions for the Public Works Department
- The Public Works Department handles aspects of City streets including reconstruction, repair, snow removal, signage and striping inluding:
- Building & Grounds Maintenance
- Sprinkler (irrigation) system
- Fleet maintenance – Preventative Maintenance
- City cars
- Trucks pick up
- Dump trucks range from (5500 to 8500 series)
- Snow plows & Material Spreaders
- Computer system for Material Spreaders
- Heavy Construction Equipment (Skid-loader & Backhoe and all attachments & Tar melter).
- Flood Control Operations
- Sand bagging
- Road Closure as required
- Weed control (Round-up)
- Campus Grounds & Islands
- Roadway Maintenance
- Concrete slab replacements
- Concrete patching (expansion joints)
- Joint router/Crack sealing (Asphalt/Concrete)
- Sidewalk replacements
- Asphalt patching
- Asphalt paving
- Guard rail replacement and installation
- Trash pick-up along right-of-way
- Street Signs
- Maintenance & installatio
- Snow & Ice Control Operations
- City roadway network and private drives
- All Campus and Parks parking lots and drives
- Sidewalks for Campus grounds and Community Center
- Storm Water
- Storm water culvert & grates (Maintenance)
- Repair & Replacement of pipe
- Placement of inlets
- Jetting (to open clogged pipe)
- Rent Leaf Vacuum to clean ditch line
- Traffic Control
- Traffic Control preformed per jobs
- (2) Traffic caution lights (maintenance)
- Robyn Road
- Geyer Road near Rotherwood Ct
- Tree Maintenance in City Right-of-Way
- Inspection of trees
- Trim or remove if required
- Stump removal (backfill, seed, fertilize & straw area)
The Department performs building zoning reviews.
- The City Engineer reviews all building permit applications with regard to zoning.
- City Zoning Map (PDF File)
- The city does not generate a building permit, but rather a zoning approval letter which is required before the applicant can apply for the building permit with St. Louis County.
- The City Engineer also issues all sign permits for businesses and property development.
- The Public Works Department provides residential building inspections for occupancy.
- Occupancy Permits are required when the occupancy of a home changes, or when a new residence is constructed.
- Commercial Occupancy and Re-occupancy is the jurisdiction of St. Louis County.
- While St. Louis County handles commercial occupancy permits, zoning approval for these are monitored by the City Engineer and a Zoning Approval Letter is required from the City of Sunset Hills (with your commercial occupancy application) to take to County.
- The Public Works Department also handles resident complaints for static ordinance violations. The Department will monitor ordinance compliance for violations of issues like weeds, junk, obvious home maintenance problems, etc.
- Excavation permits are also handled from this office. Fee information and deposit requirements are available at City Hall and online.
Got a Question about the Sunset Hills Public Works Department ?
Last updated: 3/6/2013 1:05:53 PM