Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the court office is open for limited business, the office remains CLOSED FOR IN-PERSON CONTACT pursuant to Missouri Supreme Court Order. The Court Office will be available for questions, calls and other court operations during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 8:00 – 4:00 p.m. excluding holidays.
MUNICIPAL COURT HEARING VIA WEBEX
Beginning September 10, 2020, Municipal Court Sessions (Court Dates) will be held in Webex format in accordance with guidelines established by the Missouri Supreme Court and the 21st Judicial Circuit Presiding Judge.
- If your case is set for a Webex hearing, you will receive a notice if you file your email address with the court.
- No hearings will be in person until such time as posted on this website.
- Check back often as information will be updated frequently as we progress thru this new format.
Thank you for your patience during this very fluid and evolving time.
You may call our office at 314-849-3402 or check this website for additional information and updates regarding our operations.
When a court date is changed or set for a Webex hearing, notices will be mailed to the last known address on file with the court. If your address is different from the one listed on your ticket please call the court with a correct address. As delivery of notices may be affected and court date information for cases is publicly available, please review your case on either of the sites listed for your current court date. Please note it may take a week before the records are fully updated.
- For tickets issued PRIOR to June 5, 2019: www.municourt.net
- For tickets issued AFTER June 5, 2019: www.courts.mo.gov/casenet
Click here to connect to the Municipal Court webex meeting. Passcode: court
Log in by 4:30pm. The court session is usually finished by 6:30pm.
Judge – Brian P. Millikan
Court Administrator – Carol A. Lay
Prosecuting Attorney – Robert E. Jones
Prosecuting Attorney Assistant - Linda Younglove
Sunset Hills Municipal Court
The City of Sunset Hills Municipal Court is a Municipal division of the 21st Judicial Circuit Court of St. Louis County.
Municipal Court Sessions / Dockets
- Municipal Court is held at: Sunset Hills Government Center, 3939 South Lindbergh Blvd., Sunset Hills, MO 63127.
- The Municipal Court has two sessions monthly on the second and third Thursday of each month, evenings at 6:00 PM. Doors open at 5:30 PM.
- All persons entering the court are subject to search by the Sunset Hills Police Department .
- Dress appropriately for a court appearance, generally work casual is acceptable.
- Court sessions with the City of Sunset Hills Municipal Court are open to the public.
- While Court is in session, please remove your hat, turn off your cell phone and electronic devices, and keep talking to a minimum in a low voice.
- If you have received a ticket or Information, then you have been summoned to attend Court on the date shown on your citation.
- You may plead not guilty by attending Court to enter your plea. A trial will be set at a later date.
- You may plead Guilty by mail by signing the bottom of your citation and mailing it to the Court with your payment. (Some violations require attendance at Court)
- If you cannot pay your fine on the date you appear in Court, you will be given a new date by which to pay your fine and costs.
- If you intend to plead guilty, but do not have the funds to pay your fine, you must attend Court on your Court date. You will not be arrested for not having the money to pay your fine.
- If you do not attend Court on your Court date, and you have not previously paid the fines, then a warrant may be issued for your arrest.
- If you are indigent, you may be asked to complete financial statements to determine your financial status to determine, your eligibility for reduced fines, costs, payment plans, community service or appointed counsel.
Contesting a Violation
- To contest a violation, you must appear before the Municipal Judge on your scheduled court date.
- Municipal Clerks are not allowed to hear your case, and cannot give legal advice. Please do not present your case to the Municipal Clerks.
Violation Bureau Hours of Operation
- Violation payments which may be paid outside of court proceedings may be paid in person between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday thru Friday.
- The Municipal Court Office is closed on weekends and most holidays.
- The Municipal Court accepts several forms of payments; cash, money orders, (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted on some violations).
- To make an on-line payment visit, https://www.courts.mo.gov