In-House Concrete Work
Joint Repair & Slab Replacement
The Sunset Hills Street Department will be repairing spalled joints & a few selected slabs of concrete on Grandview Hill Court. This work is separate and should not be confused with the 2 Contracted Street Slab Replacements ongoing from last year (2021 Sweetens on Grandview Lake Drive) or this year's package to perform selected slab replacement work in the Matthews/Cinema/Robyn Hills area.
The repair work to Grandview Hill Court will combine a few full slab replacements along with joint repair. The joint repair process will be a full depth cut of about 2' either side of the joint. Reinforcing bars will be drilled into the remaining concrete with a pour of the new section divided by a 2-1/2" groove to maintain slab geometry. This groove will be followed up with a deeper saw cut to insure separate of the newly repaired pair of slabs.
In-house Slab Replacements and Spalled Joint Repair on:
Below is a slideshow with maps of the streets where this work is planned.
- The Sunset Hills Street Department will be performing selected street slab, joint repair, and sidewalk section replacement in the City in 2022. Look here for updates or contact Street Foreman Jason Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Eddie and Park sidewalk repair
- (8/22/22)Remove concrete sidewalk sections and driveway apron, install concrete forms
- (8/25/22) concrete placed back
- (8/26/22)Forms removed. Area backfilled ,seed and straw
- Grandview Hill Ct. - Completed
- Please do not park on street during construction.
- (5/19/22) Saw cutting of selected joints to be repaired will begin today.
- (5/19/22-6/9/22) .-waiting on USIC utility locates so we can proceed with removal of concrete slabs.
- (6/9/22)- saw cutting and breaking of concrete street slabs.(still waiting on utility locates to dig)
- (6/14/22) USIC Has moved the date for utility locates to be completed back till 6/16/22. Hopefully we can start removal of selected street slabs on this date. We have contacted the supervisors of USIC and they have gave us promises for completion of locates, but the dates are still being pushed back for these utility locates .
- (6/20/22)Utility locates have been completed, Removal of street slabs started today
- (6/22/22) Grade rock and install rebar in sections to be poured at 10am on Thursday 6/23//22
- (6/23/22) 20 yards concrete street slab and curbs poured. Cul du sac will be reopened to traffic on 6/29/22.removal of joints continuing from cul du sac up the street towards Grandview Forrest dr.
- (6/29/22)Cul du sac is open for traffic
- (6/30/22) 7am concrete pour of partial slabs, these will be open to traffic on 7/5/22
- (7/5/22) Road was reopened to traffic. Crews finished a few saw cuts in preparation for phase 2 of project.
- (7/11/22) removal of partial street sections to be replaced on 7/14/22
- (7/18/22) backfill seed and straw of disturbed yard areas. road is fully open till 7/25/22 when crews will begin removing the other side of street slabs to be replaced.
- (7/25/22) Removal of street slabs has started, grading of subbase and concrete forms being installed
- (7/26/22) Under rain delay this morning pending weather slab removal continue in the afternoon
- (7/28/22) 30 yard concrete pour residents will be able to access driveways on Monday 8/1/22.
- (8/1/22) remainder of concrete will be removed to be placed back on Wednesday 8/3/22
- (8/3/22) 15 yard concrete pour residents can access driveways on 8/8/22
- (8/8/22) Removal of three bad concrete slabs poured on 7/28/22 due to bad mix of concrete. Weather permitting these will be placed back on 8/11/22
- (8/15/22) Street will be fully opened to traffic, rock piles removed , Backfill , seed, and straw started. Street will be swept soon after backfilling completed. Work on this street is scheduled to be fully completed by 8/19/22.
- Work Completed
- Hilltop Greens- completed
- (6/1/22) break slabs for removal
- 6/4/22) rock, grade and set forms
- (6/7/22) 20 yards concrete pour sidewalk and street slabs
- (6/8/22) remove forms, backfill, seed and straw newly formed concrete street slabs.
- (6/13/22) break selected street slabs to be replaced
- (6/14/22) Removal of street slabs to be replaced
- (6/20/22) 20 yard concrete pour , Grade, Rock and Form remaining slabs
- (6/22/22) All concrete has been replaced crews will open the street to traffic on Wednesday 6/29/22. They will still be back before then to remove forms, remove gravel pile, backfill, seed, and straw yard areas that were disturbed.
- (6/27/22) All work has been completed
- Sappington Barracks- completed
- work to begin on 7/5/22 Removal of selected concrete street slabs. Road will be one lane traffic Please use caution.
- (7/5/22) Crews saw cut, broke and removed concrete on the south bound lanes. Road is down to one lane: Use caution
- (7/7/22) concrete pour 7am will be open to traffic on 7/11/22
- (7/18/22 )removal of street slbs, set concrete forms and grade rock
- (7/20/22) concrete pour completed
- (7/21/22) Backfill seed and straw completed
- (7/25/22) repairs completed, street fully open to traffic