The Investigation Division assists the Field Operations Division
in the investigation of criminal activity. They conduct criminal investigations of offenses which require
- Advanced skill and training
- Process crime scenes to gather evidence
- Assist in identifying specific crimes such as white collar crimes narcotic crimes, and related incidents
They also conduct confidential internal and background investigations.
Our Investigations Division personnel are trained in various specialties such as
- Bad checks
- White-collar crimes
- Identity theft
- Child abuse
- Sex crimes
- Arson, evidence collection
- Interrogation / interview techniques
The Investigation Division is assigned to gather, store, and maintain all physical evidence collected by the Sunset Hills Police Department
; this division maintains digital photographs taken by the department of suspects and crime scenes and processes felony crime scenes. The Sunset Hills Police Department supports the Greater St. Louis Major Case Squad by assigning our detectives to the squad.