SEE BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR PROJECT UPDATES
The City of Sunset Hills recently input a quantity take-off of all the street pavement markings into the GIS system. This allowed City Staff to divide out 4 evenly match areas of street pavement markings to set up a cyclical pavement marking paint program. The City formerly relied on the durability of hot poured thermoplastic pavement markings with new constructed street projects, which in theory had a longer life, but proved in some cases to incompatible with snow plowing activities. With more frequent pavement management projects designed to extend the life of asphalt pavements, the decision to move to a regular interval of pavement paint became the focus. The highlighted streets in the map to the right, indicate what streets will be painted this year. The plan is to solicit for contract help to place line markings with City forces falling in behind general line striping with arrow, stop bar, and Crosswalk placement after lines are painted.
Bid documents are only available through the Drexel Plan Room. Their online portal is: https://planroom.drexeltech.com/View/Default.aspx
Again, as will all Sunset Hills projects, this page will follow a format of providing updates regarding project plan preparation, bid tabulation, review/award details, then daily updates of progress as the project gets underway.
Thank you for your patience during this project and please be "cautious and aware" when driving through any and all project work zones.
- 9-21-20 - City Staff prepared a bid package for this project.
- 10-1-20 - Bids were received and are tabulated below.
|Bid Order||Bidder||Lump Sum Bid||Traffic Control in Bid|
- 10-13-20 - The Board of Aldermen awarded this project to Tramar.
- 10-16-20 - Contracts were drawn up and delivered to Tramar's office.
- 10-27-20 - Contracts are signed and a Notice to Proceed was issued for this project. A 30-day schedule dependent upon weather is anticipated for this work.
- 10-30-20 - Tramar reports they plan to be on-site Monday, November 2nd to start this work.
- 11-2-20 - City Project signs were placed in the field for each street by City personnel. As we see or hear of project updates from Tramar, you can expect those updates to be posted here. Tramar was noted on-site. By noon, Hilltop, Hadley Hill, Geyer Rd., Denny Rd., and Eddie & Park were completed. They were heading to E. Watson and still have Mentz Hill Rd. to complete all streets contemplated in this year's street striping package.