Parks & Recreation Update on 7.1.2020:
As of July 1st, City Park restrooms will reopen.
The Sunset Hills Community Center will reopen on Monday, June 15th for fitness only. Please click here for more details regarding reopening.
The Sunset Hills Aquatic Facility will not open for the 2020 season. Please click here for the full press release.
For more information regarding the aquatic facility closure, click here to see attached letter from the Mayor.
As of Friday, May 1st the following City Park amenities/facilities will open to the public:
- Stephen J. Bander Driving Range. (8am-9pm)
- Watson Trail Park will open up the trail system, fishing access, disc golf course, and limited access for parking. (Dawn-Dusk)
- Minnie Ha Ha Park will open up the trail system with limited parking access.(Dawn-Dusk)
- Claire Gempp Davidson Memorial Conservation Area will open up the trail system with limited parking access. (Dawn-Dusk)
As of Friday, May 8th the following City Park amenities/facilities will open to the public.
- Kitun Dog Park
- Watson Trail Tennis Courts
As of Thursday, May 28th
Day Camp will run for the 2020 summer. The first week of camp will start on Monday, June 15th. Please click here for Day Camp information, as changes have been made to follow St. Louis County guidelines. Click here for St. Louis County guidelines regarding summer camps.
As of Wednesday, July 1st
Restrooms have reopened as of Wednesday, July 1st.
drinking fountains will remain closed so plan accordingly. Any updates will be posted on the Parks & Recreation’s Facebook page
, as well as the City website.
If you have any questions regarding memberships, rentals, events, or programs please contact the Park office at 314.842.7265.
Park Office Hours
Parks & Recreation Closures:
- Sunset Hills Community Center closed until further notice (target reopening date Monday, June 15th)
- Gold and fitness memberships will be extended for the period of time the community center is closed
- Sunset Hills Aquatic Facility closed for the 2020 pool season
- The closure of the Aquatic Facility means the cancellation of all swim lessons, swim team meets, lap swimming, river walk, water aerobics, and pool rentals.
- Anyone that purchased a 2020 aquatic membership will be refunded within the next couple of weeks.
- City Park Restrooms closed until further notice (Reopen July 1st)
- City Park Playgrounds closed until further notice
- Park shelters now open.
- Lynstone Park closed until further notice
- Athletic Fields closed (target reopening date Monday, June 15th with limitations)
- Click Here for St. Louis County guidelines regarding youth and adult sports
- Nancy Eschbach Park closed until further notice
Parks & Recreation Events Cancelled/Rescheduled:
- Wellness Week (March 22nd-March 28th)
- Electronic Recycling (March 19th)
- Indoor Flea Market (April 4th)
- Breakfast With Bunny (April 11th)
- Adult Easter Egg Hunt (April 11th)
- Earth Day Celebration (April 18th)
- Makers Market (rescheduled for October 10th)
- Fishing Derby (May 6th)
- Cash for Trash (May 9th)
- Senior Seminar Series (May 12th)
- Adult Day Trip - Ste. Genevieve History and Wine Craw (May 13th)
- Electronic Recycling (May 21st)
- Triathlon (August 22nd)
Physical Distancing Reminders:
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Do not use parks if you are sick or have a cough or fever
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of 6’ from other persons at all times
- Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass