You’ll soon be receiving a letter in the mail, prepared by Utility Service Partners, signed by Mayor Fribis, of an offer of insurance to cover the cost of repairs if your sewer lateral fails. While promotional in nature, the letter does make some salient points. The letter, written by Utility Service Partners, speaks for Mayor Fribis in the first person. It will include a form at the bottom of the page to get the process started. Here is a copy of that text:
Did you know that necessary repairs to the sewer line that runs between your home and public utility connection are the responsibility of the homeowner? These lines have been subject to the same elements that have caused our public service lines to decay – age, ground shifting, root invasion, fluctuating temperatures and more.
As a Sunset Hills homeowner and city official, I understand the importance of water conservation and protecting the environment. While efforts are underway in many communities to improve public water and sewer systems, these fixes don’t address the sewer line located on your property. Homeowners can spend from hundreds to upwards of $3,500 to repair a broken or leaking sewer line on their property – and that can be hard on a budget.
This is why I am pleased to introduce a new voluntary service line repair program which provides repair coverage for your outside sewer line, up to $4000 per incident, with no deductibles. The Service Line Warranties of America (SLWA) Sewer Line Warranty Program is the only service line protection program for homeowners fully supported by Sunset Hills and endorsed by the National League of Cities. The program provides coverage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SLWA, an independent organization, administers the program and is a BBB Accredited Business with an A+ rating. SLWA has helped more than 100,000 homeowners across the country save over $64 million in service line repair costs.
Pay just $7.75 per month – a savings of more than 11% on the standard price, or save even more with an annual payment on $88.00 – a savings of more than 16%. Plus, SLWA will waive the 30-day waiting period, so you’ll get immediate coverage!
Enroll in this optional program by returning the completed bottom portion of the enclosed envelope or call 1-855-535-7141 to speak with an SLWA agent Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm. Or visit www.slwofa.com where you can enroll online – and learn about other service line warranty products available in your area!
A few notes to consider:
• This is a voluntary program.
• It is not offered or administered by the City of Sunset Hills.
• Utility Service Partners (USP) is a private sector company
• USP uses local, licensed plumbing firms to perform service on sewer lateral problems.
• USP claims same (to next) day response to issues brought to their attention.
• USP will be responsible to provide oversight of contractors they incorporate with this plan.
• It needs to be clear that City resources will not be expended to promote or perform this work.
• Oversight and administration is entirely incumbent upon Utility Service Partners to provide direct for residents they contract with, for this service.
• Services rendered under this program constitute individual agreements between those residents and Utility Service Partners.